Maybe instead of looking at what you want this year, you should look at who you want to be.
Here is an exercise to help you figure it out:
- Take a blank piece of paper and write at the top “I want to be a person who…”
- Then, set a timer for 60 seconds and write down all the words that come to your mind without censoring or erasing.
- Next, take this list of words and phrases and find pictures, images, and even songs – anything that evokes a visual or emotional representation of your words.
- Put these items in a physical folder or a digital folder. Set a recurring reminder to look at these things on the first of every month.
- By the end of the year you can evaluate if you have become the person you wanted to be.