It’s a New Year and you know what that means… New Year’s Resolutions. And, if you are like most people, “Getting Organized” is somewhere on your list.
Well, now is a good time for it because, January is Get Organized Month!
Getting Organized doesn’t have to as hard as it seems. There are lots of resources to help get started and stay organized.
- If you have continually tried to get organized but you just can’t do it on your own, maybe it’s time to call in a professional. Check out the National Association of Professional Organizers to see what they do and to find someone in your area.
- If you are not ready or can’t afford a professional, maybe you can find someone to be a body double (someone who is willing to just sit in the same room with you while you organize your stuff). Consider asking a local CHADD member to be your body double and then you can reciprocate.
- If you have a lot of old tech gadgets cluttering up your up your life, check out this article on Mashable: 10 Ways to Trade Your Old Electronics for Cash.
- If you have a lot of junk that you want removed – consider calling a junk removal company like 1-800-GOT-JUNK. They ensure that your junk gets recycled, donated, or disposed of responsibly.
- There is a new organizing magazine called Getting Organized that has a lot of wonderful tips and resources; you can even get a digital subscription so it doesn’t add more clutter to your environment.
- When you have gotten rid of the clutter – it’s time for the fun part…Organizing the things you have. Visit My Clever Container Shop to see what fun new organizing products are in the new 2012 catalog!