When you are having trouble getting started, moving forward, or following through on a task or project – do you ever consider asking for help?
for many of my clients asking for help is the last thing on their list of options.
But if you’re not getting things done because you don’t have the information you need or the expertise to do something, you could save yourself a lot of time, energy and frustration by asking for help.
Here are some tips on asking for help:
- Stop worrying about looking foolish. No one knows everything and we all need help at sometime in our lives.
- If you are spending more time looking for an answer than actually working on the project – it’s time to ask for help.
- It’s okay to ask for help to find information you need or to brainstorm a problem or issue.
- Sometimes asking for help means delegating all or part of the work, trading jobs, or even hiring someone to do the job for you.
- Most importantly, don’t wait for the last-minute to ask for help. People are usually happy to lend a hand when they’re not inconvenienced at the last-minute.