When was the last time that you focused on how great you are? ADDers in particular tend to get so stuck in the cycle of disappointment, self-doubt, frustration and overwhelm that they forget to look at themselves in a positive light.
- What are your talents and strengthens?
- What do people compliment you on?
- What brings out passion in you?
- What do you love doing (whether you are good at it or not)?
One of my favorite quotes is:
“Everything can be taken from a man but …the last of the human freedoms – to choose one’s attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one’s own way.” Viktor Frankl
So remember, you can choose to focus on what’s wrong with you or you can choose to focus on what’s great about you!
- Start by speaking kindly to yourself.
- Surround yourself with positive people
- Create an environment that reflects your uniqueness
- Build a collection of affirmations to keep you focused on the positive
- Give yourself permission to have FUN!